Sometimes Hymns get lost. Here are a few Hymns that other people have introduced me to, and maybe it is time to bring them back from the dead.
Old Hymns I Wish We Would Sing in Church More (or at all; the music might have to be slightly redone)
- The King of Love: Words by Henry Baker / Music by James Baachus Dykes
- Lo He Comes with Clouds Descending
- Hark I Hear the Harps Eternal
- The Sands of Time are Sinking
- Come Ye Sinners Poor and Needy
- From the Squalor of a Borrowed Stable
- Be Still My Soul
- Leaning on the Everlasting Arms (redone somewhat)
- My Song is Love Unknown
Good Articles on Music or Singing
- Greg Gilbert wrote about singing even the songs you don’t like with gusto.
- Carl Trueman asks what miserable Christians sing?
- Augustine writes about it being a sin to be moved by the “singing” more than the truth the song conveys.